TaxTips.ca
Canadian Tax and
Financial Information
Ontario 2013 and 2012 Personal Tax Rates

Ads keep this website free for you.
TaxTips.ca does not research or endorse any product or service appearing in ads on this site.  Before making a major financial decision you  should consult a qualified professional.

Looking for US tax information?
See
USTaxTips.net

Need an accounting, tax or financial advisor? Look in our Directory.      Stay Connected with TaxTips.ca!

Home
What's New
Calculators
Personal Tax
Business
Sales Taxes
Free in 30!
Financial Planning
RRSP RRIF TFSA
Real Estate
Stocks Bonds etc.
Seniors
Disabilities
Canada
Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
Ontario
Quebec
Saskatchewan
Atlantic Provinces
Territories
Federal Budget
Provincial Budgets
Statistics etc.
Glossary
Site Map
Directory
Advertise With Us
Contact Us/About Us
Links & Resources


Ontario
Tax Rates - 2012 and 2013 Marginal Tax Rates -> Ontario Personal Income Tax Rates

Ontario 2013 and 2012 Personal Marginal Income Tax Rates

The Ontario tax brackets and personal amount were increased for 2013 by an indexation factor of 1.018.  The Federal tax brackets and personal amount were increased for 2013 by an indexation factor of 1.020.

The Ontario 2012 Budget added a tax bracket for taxable income in excess of $500,000, which is also indexed for inflation.  The rate for this tax bracket is 12.16% for 2012, and 13.16% for 2013.

Please read the article Understanding the Tables of Personal Income Tax Rates.

Ontario (ON)
Personal Income Tax Brackets and Tax Rates Before Surtax

2013 Taxable Income   2013 Tax Rates 2012 Taxable Income   2012 Tax Rates
first $39,723 5.05% first $39,020 5.05%
over $39,723 up to $79,448 9.15% over $39,020 up to $78,043 9.15%
over $79,448 up to $509,000 11.16% over $78,043 up to $500,000 11.16%
over $509,000 13.16% over $500,000 12.16%

Ontario (ON)
Combined Federal & Provincial Tax Brackets and Tax Rates Including Surtaxes

2013 Taxable Income   2013 Marginal Tax Rates 2012 Taxable Income   2012 Marginal Tax Rates
Other
Income
Capital
Gains
Canadian Dividends Other
Income
Capital
Gains
Canadian Dividends
Eligible
Dividends
Non-Eligible
Dividends
Eligible
Dividends
Non-Eligible
Dividends
first $39,723 20.05% 10.03% -1.89% 2.77% first $39,020 20.05% 10.03% -1.89% 2.77%
over $39,723 up to $43,561 24.15% 12.08% 3.77% 7.90% over $39,020 up to $42,707 24.15% 12.08% 3.77% 7.90%
over $43,561 up to $69,963 31.15% 15.58% 13.43% 16.65% over $42,707 up to $68,719 31.15% 15.58% 13.43% 16.65%
over $69,963 up to $79,448 32.98% 16.49% 14.19% 17.81% over $68,719 up to $78,043 32.98% 16.49% 14.19% 17.81%
over $79,448 up to $82,422 35.39% 17.70% 17.52% 20.82% over $78,043 up to $80,963 35.39% 17.70% 17.52% 20.82%
over $82,422 up to $87,123 39.41% 19.70% 19.88% 23.82% over $80,963 up to $85,414 39.41% 19.70% 19.88% 23.82%
over $87,123 up to $135,054 43.41% 21.70% 25.40% 28.82% over $85,414 up to $132,406 43.41% 21.70% 25.40% 28.82%
over $135,054 up to $509,000 46.41% 23.20% 29.54% 32.57% over $132,406 up to $500,000 46.41% 23.20% 29.54% 32.57%
over $509,000 49.53% 24.76% 33.85% 36.47% over $500,000 47.97% 23.98% 31.69% 34.52%

Marginal tax rate for dividends is a % of actual dividends received (not grossed-up amount).
Marginal tax rate for capital gains is a % of total capital gains (not taxable capital gains).
Marginal tax rates above do not include the Ontario Health Premium, which increases the above rates by up to 1.2%

ON Surtaxes
2013 2012
ON surtax rate (included in above rates) 20% 36% ON surtax rate (included in above rates) 20% 36%
Surtax is on ON tax greater than $ 4,289 $ 5,489 Surtax is on ON tax greater than $ 4,213 $ 5,392
Person with only basic personal amount - surtax starts at taxable income of $ 69,963 $ 82,422 Person with only basic personal amount - surtax starts at taxable income of $ 68,719 $ 80,963
Note that the 36% surtax is in addition to the 20% surtax, for a total surtax of 56%.  The surtax increases the 2013 rate of 13.16% to 20.53% (13.16% x 1.56).
 
ON Basic Personal Amount
2013 Tax Rate 2012 Tax Rate
$9,574 5.05% $9,405 5.05%
Federal Basic Personal Amount
2013 Tax Rate 2012 Tax Rate
$11,038 15.00% $10,822 15.00%

 

Revised: September 20, 2017

 

Copyright © 2002 - 2017 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved  See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca

Facebook  | Twitter  |  Google + |  Monthly Newsletter Sign-up  What’s New E-mail Notification RSS News Feed
The information on this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice.  Each person's situation differs, and a professional advisor can assist you in using the information on this web site to your best advantage. 
Please see our legal disclaimer regarding the use of information on our site, and our Privacy Policy regarding information that may be collected from visitors to our site.